How to Set up an Out of Office Reply in the Gmail Mobile App
2. Then tap the Menu icon. (This is the three-line icon in the top-left corner of your screen.)
3. Scroll down and tap Settings. (This will be near the bottom of the list.)
4. Select the account you want to setup your out-of-office reply for. (You will see your email accounts at the top of your screen.)
5. Next, tap Vacation responder under the General section.
6. Then tap the slider next to Vacation responder to turn it on.
7. Set your automatic reply dates. (You can select None for the Last Day if you want to manually turn off automatic replies when you get back to the office.)
8. Then type in your out of office message. (This will be the automatic response sent to people from your company who email you while you’re away.)
9. Finally, tap Done on an Android device or Save on an iPhone or iPad. (You can find this on the top-right corner of your screen.)
(You can also tap the slider next to Send only to my Contacts. This lets Gmail send an out of office reply to your contacts only. But you can skip this if you want your vacation response sent to anyone. If you’re using a Gmail account from your company or school, you also have the option to send the automatic reply only to people in your organization.)